Gold Bullion Coin is a gold round, which is awarded the status of a legal tender by its issuer - the country's government.
- minted by official agencies for investment purposes in unlimited numbers.
- struck from fine gold at fineness not less than 0.900.
- bought by individuals as a store of value and not for day-to-day commerce activities.
- available in multiples or fractions of one troy ounce. most common weights are 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 troy ounce.
- sold to public on premium over market price of gold due to its size, production cost, storage, distribution and insurance.